Having a brochure for your company gives a potential customer the information they’re needing to see if your business fits their needs. Here are the five steps to have an effective brochure:
1. What Are Your Brochures Functions?
How to determine your brochures functions in the buying process would be to know your product, the market, and how to make a sale.
- Point-of-sale: Pick a brochure design while your waiting in line at the store.
- Direct Mail: When you get sales letters, you can put your brochure into a direct mail package.
- Inquiries: When asked about a product or service you can drop a brochure into their mail for more information.
2. Does Your Brochure Stand Alone?
Many companies have brochures for only one product others make a variety to show more than just one off. For example, if you have written a direct mail package, and you sales letter covers all reasons for them to buy your product now, you are set. No need to do a follow up because you have already convinced them to buy your product.
3. Who Is Your Audience?
You need to target a particular audience. Decide what type of information each audience needs and write about it in your brochure accordingly.
4. What Are Your Selling Points?
Your brochure should tell a story, talk about your service/product. Should have a beginning, middle and an end. Exactly like a book, most look at the front and back covers and even the flip through pages. You want to draw their eye in and catch their attention. Like number 3 said “Your Audience” determining on who is reading your brochure, you should choose an approach that will best fit the readers needs.
5. Do You Have Accurate Information?
Before starting on your brochure make sure all your information is correct and accurate to how you want it. Take the time to really think about everything, and lay things out. If you find yourself finding more space or less of something figure out what to add. Remember to target the right audience in creating your brochures.
Fro more information about how to create an effective brochure design for your company, contact Marx Design Studio.